What is the Wandering Sister Rating?

1 Wandering Sister = Enter at your own risk, you've been warned.
2 Wandering Sisters = How hungry are you? This place has it's down side.
3 Wandering Sisters = Pretty good place to go, but not for everyone.
4 Wandering Sisters =  Good food. Good service. You won't go wrong.
5 Wandering Sisters = Considering there's only 4 of us... This rating will speak for itself!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

What's for lunch?

Today I went to the store to collect the short ribs for my dinner tonight. As I chatted on the phone with my sister, she mentioned "Tostadas". Mmmmm. My mouth started watering and the brain wheels started turning.
So, I cruised around the store collecting the ingredients for my tostada lunch.

Finally, an excuse to use the griddle on my panini press!
I spritzed a roasted garlic, olive oil on the hot griddle and put the white corn tortillas, smothered in refried beans and cheese on to start cooking.

While that heated, I chopped green onions, cilantro and tomatoes.
When the everything was done, I place all the vegis on top, put a dollop of daisy and some tomatillos sauce over the top and sprinkled it with a little lime.
SUCH a yummy lunch. I hope I inspire someone else. I'm passing the inspiration. Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage feedback. Please let me know if you like what you read, or had an experience you would like to share.

Search for Recipes and Reviews within The Wandering Sisters Site