What is the Wandering Sister Rating?

1 Wandering Sister = Enter at your own risk, you've been warned.
2 Wandering Sisters = How hungry are you? This place has it's down side.
3 Wandering Sisters = Pretty good place to go, but not for everyone.
4 Wandering Sisters =  Good food. Good service. You won't go wrong.
5 Wandering Sisters = Considering there's only 4 of us... This rating will speak for itself!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lunch at Panera

Well... one successful meal behind me.  It certainly helps when I sleep until almost lunch time... make note of that.
We decided to go to Panera Bread in attempts to 'eat lite'. I did pretty well. I think the fact that my stomach was in jitter mode because of the open house going on at home helped me control my appetite. Unfortunately, this was only a temporary appetite suppressant, considering we won't be doing that much in the near future.  More on that later. 
I enjoyed a cup of the Black Bean soup and a half Orchard Harvest salad. Mmmmmm  


First of all, their black bean soup is fabulous. The red pepper and onion give it a great flavor without being overwhelming. The black beans are mild and have a great texture.  If it were me, I would add jalapeno. Here's a link if you're interested in making a version of it at home. 

Best of all, there's about 319 calories in a serving (in this version), only 14 of those from fat. (Panera claims that there is only 250 calories in there version.)

I also had the Orchard Harvest half salad. 210 calories of deliciousness.  Romaine lettuce, dried cherries, pears, pecans and Gorgonzola with a cherry balsamic vinaigrette. OK, I'm a little hungry now thinking about it. If you have a Panera near you, you really should try it. 

Good Job Panera... you saved me from a dreaded day of 'eating right'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage feedback. Please let me know if you like what you read, or had an experience you would like to share.

Search for Recipes and Reviews within The Wandering Sisters Site